1985: Ph.D in Physics at the Technische Universitaet Muenchen, Germany
1980: M.Sc in Physics at the Technische Universitaet Muenchen, Germany
1977: B.Sc in Physics at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Professor of Physics at the Department of Physics of the University
1993– 1997: Assistant Professor of Physics at the Department of Natural Sciences of the University of Cyprus
1988 – 1993: Senior Research Associate at the Gesellschaft für Schwerionenforschung (GSI) Darmstadt, Germany.
1988: Post Doctoral
Research Fellow at the
Gesellschaft für Schwerionenforschung (GSI)
1986: Active service in the Greek Armed Forces.
1985: Scientific Associate at the Department of Physics of
the Technical University of Munich, Germany.
1993–present: Principal promoter and
coordinator of the scientific collaboration with the
Research Center of GSI
Founder and Head of the Nuclear Physics Laboratory of the University of Cyprus
Founding member of the International HADES
Collaboration at GSI
1992–present: Member of the HADES
Collaboration Board Committee
Member of the CBM Collaboration Board Committee
1987 – 1993: Founding member of the GSI-ILL collaboration
on low-energy Bhabha scattering experiments
1980–1993: Member of the Orange collaboration at GSI
· Modern experimental Nuclear Physics with heavy ions at relativistic energies.
· Particle detectors; Monte Carlo simulation techniques; high performance computing systems.
· Nuclear Astrophysics and Cosmology.
· Applications of Nuclear Radiation: Natural Radioactivity, XRF Spectroscopy, Mossbauer Spectroscopy.
· First gamma-radioactivity maps and radon maps in Cyprus
(See e.g. http://www-np.ucy.ac.cy/radio_isotopes/start.html)